Padam Parthu Kadhai sol

Tarun Chatriya yearns to make a name for himself in Kollywood

Padam Parthu Kadhai sol

Villain actor Tarun Chatriya is thrilled to bits about debuting as hero in the upcoming film titled Padam Parthu Kadhai Sol (PPKS). Vellore-based Tarun debuted as villain in director Tarun Gopi’s Simbu-Vedhika starrer Kaalai a few years back. The simpleton is determined to make it big in Tamil films as he points out that not many from Vellore have tried their luck in Kollywood before him.

Suleel Kumar was the name which was changed to Tarun Chatriya by Tarun Gopi during the making of Kaalai. Though his father had produced Kannada films in the past, Chatriya claims that he doesn’t have anyone backing him up like a ‘Godfather’. “I was running a music shop in Bangalore before completing an year-long course in acting. I also underwent training for dance and fight sequences. Fortunately, through my friend, I got to meet Gopi and then Kaalai happened,” says Chatriya.

Chaitry’a transformation from playing villain to becoming a hero had been smooth still he feels awkward in romantic sequences. “Thankfully, Shikha (heroine in PPKS) had already done films in Kannada and she helped me in easing out my tension and during the filming of intimate sequences. I’m still a novice and don’t go deep into the script before taking up a film; I just listen to how my character shapes up.

Chatriya recalling the accident which he had met during the shooting. “I have toiled hard to reach thus far and recently got into an emergency situation during the filming of a sequence for the film Mayanginaen Thayanginaen. The shoot was being held in and around Cumbum locality where I hat to fight four stuntmen inside a well. While the shoot was going on, the inexperienced stuntmen pushed me hard and I couldn’t even cry for help as I couldn’t come above the water level.

“I drank a lot of water and fainted. When I felt that I was going through a dangerous period, I somehow managed to come above the water level and signal for help. Thankfully, the crew brought me out of the well where I lay still on the ground for close to 2 hours before regaining consciousness. After a few hours, I started shooting,” says Chatriya.


Leave a Reply