TN Government announces Tax concession only for films sans violence and vulgarity

5

TN Govt Symbol

Bringing in a major change from the erstwhile DMK regime’s policy of awarding entertainment tax concession to films which bear their titles in pure Tamil words, the ruling AIADMK regime has said that the films should not only possess ‘pure Tamil’ titles but should also be made without vulgarity and violence and should qualify for ‘family-viewing’.

A communique issued in this regard by the government lays down 4 pre-conditions for films to be considered for exemption from entertainment tax. They are: (i) The film(s) should have been awarded ‘U’ certificate by the Censor Board; (ii) The central theme of the script of the film should be aiding the growth of Tamil language and Tamil culture; (iii) As far as possible, dialogues should be written in Tamil only; and (iv) Violent sequences and vulgarity should be completely avoided.

Only films which satisfy the above-said condition would qualify for tax exemption, it has been pointed out. The communique says that the conditions would apply to films which are already under consideration seeking tax exemption. A committee would also be set up to screen films to be considered for tax exemption, it was further said.

5 COMMENTS

  1. good point dude.. to add to your point, 70% of the total tamil movies made during last year only bit dust. Tax concession might have helped those producers (who first of all should n’t have produced such films), however the rest 30% movies which paid hefty amounts of rupees to the lead actors and the respective director, dont really deserve tax concession, JUST BECAUSE it had a name “va” quarter cutting, where the first 2 letters are equivalend to one tamil word. 

  2. good point dude.. to add to your point, 70% of the total tamil movies made during last year only bit dust. Tax concession might have helped those producers (who first of all should n’t have produced such films), however the rest 30% movies which paid hefty amounts of rupees to the lead actors and the respective director, dont really deserve tax concession, JUST BECAUSE it had a name “va” quarter cutting, where the first 2 letters are equivalend to one tamil word, the movie does nt deserve concession.

  3. I was expecting dis thing from jayalalitha. I knew she wil do dis.. So most of dem in  Tamil Film industry wer expecting Jaya to come into position. Now jaya started showing her colours.. Started taking revenge… Is dis d way to do politics… Appreciate good plans by previous government & remove d bad ones…. Jaya plz Use u r brains which is useful for people & for the state, not for unnecessary things.. Stupid lady @ least u dont behave lik previous government, if u do den u never come into position in TN again… Mind it..

  4. @Dear Jayalaitha madam..request you to include only originality for concession of entertainment tax..all our tamil directors doesnt have creativity..they copy the story n screenplay from varies of movies..nowadays most of the remakes are from korean,iran n spanish movies..rasigargale muttal’nu ninaikirange intha directors..yaar original story vechi padam yedukkurango avangalukku concession kudunge..body gaurd’ye kavalan’nu,Don 2 ve billa 2’nu..iam sam’ye deivathirumagan’nu,Momento’ve gajini’nu,500 days of days of summer’ye vinnaitandivaruvaya’nu,bicentinnial man’ye endhiran’nu..bone collector’ye vettaiyadu vilaiyadu’nu,dog bite dog’ye myna’nu,planes,trains &automobiles’ye ambe sivam’nu,the dawns here are quite’ye peranmai’nu,very bad things’ye panchathanthiram’nu,state of play’e KO’nu,..shappa ippove kannu kattudhe..innum neriya movies vera language lerandhu copy panni tamil peru vechi release panrange..daivuseithu originality’e include pannigana..thiramai ulla vange rombo peru mela varuvange..i have rights to say yena naan vote’um poduren + tax’um pay pannuren 😎

LEAVE A REPLY