Asin had to be hospitalised on Thursday after a gas leak inside the caravan she was taking rest induced attack of breathlessness. Her father Joseph Thottumkal and makeup aide were also admitted. All the three were discharged later in the day.
Reports said the incident happened when the actress was taking a break from the shoot of ‘Kaavalkaran’, the Vijay starrer, at Thirumayam near Karaikkal. The trio was found unconscious inside the caravan by a crew member.
He realised that something was wrong and the three were taken to a nearby hospital. Asin, her father and her aide received immediate medical attention, and after ensuring there was no lasting damage, the doctors discharged the three, reports added.
Following this, Asin returned to the sets and took part in the shoot, we learn. However, the incident triggered tension and panic among the cast and crew of ‘Kaavalkaran’, directed by ace Malayalam filmmaker Siddique.